- $1.5 MILLION+ Raised to support Dead Family Organizations
- 45,500+ Actions Taken by fans at shows
- CLIMATE POSITIVE TOUR – eliminating 5X more greenhouse gas emissions than the tour created INCLUDING FAN TRAVEL TO AND FROM SHOWS
- $577,000+ to fund diverse global projects eliminating greenhouse gas emissions
- 19,000+ Single-Use bottles eliminated at shows
DEAD & COMPANY TOUR 2021
It has indeed been a long, strange trip… And this one was CLIMATE POSITIVE!
Building on years of partnership, Dead & Company and REVERB are taking our sustainability efforts to the next level on the band’s 2021 tour!
Just like all of Dead & Company’s past tours, the band partnered with REVERB to reduce the environmental footprint of touring. NEW FOR THIS YEAR: With a focus on taking even more action on the climate crisis, the 2021 tour was CLIMATE POSITIVE – eliminating vastly more greenhouse gas pollution than it creates!
MUSIC CLIMATE REVOLUTION
As a partner of Music Climate Revolution, Dead & Company has committed to take immediate, ongoing, and increasing action on the climate emergency. This year, the band and REVERB eliminated 5X the greenhouse gas pollution the 2021 tour created.
The carbon elimination is achieved through funding global projects that directly eliminate greenhouse gases. These efforts are in addition and secondary to all efforts undertaken to reduce as many emissions as possible.
REVERB and our partners at HeadCount hosted Participation Row on this year’s tour! Fans visited Participation Row at every Dead & Company show to take meaningful action for people and the planet. Fans were able to:
- #RockNRefill – Ditch disposables by donating for a custom
- Register to Vote – Use your voice and your vote! Visit HeadCount to get registered or check your registration
- Music Climate Revolution – Join Dead & Company, dozens of other bands, thousands of music fans and more by taking climate action and joining Music Climate Revolution
- Connect with Dead & Company Family Nonprofits
Like every Dead & Company tour, REVERB worked with the band, crew, and management to make the 2021 Tour more sustainable. Efforts included:
- Comprehensive Waste Management implement and supplement recycling and composting to limit landfill waste on buses and backstage
- #RockNRefill Reusable Water Bottles, water refill stations, and hot-drink reusable mugs
- Reusable or compostable service ware in catering and on buses
- Environmentally-friendly cleaning products backstage and on buses
- Landfill Diversion: Reclamation, Donation, and Recycling avoid creating waste of items with remaining useful life
- Toiletries: Collect hotel toiletries that would otherwise go to the landfill and deliver them to people in need
- Batteries: Ensure that batteries are used for their full life cycle before being recycled
At Every Show
Music Climate Revolution