DAVE MATTHEWS BAND
DMB and REVERB are partnering on the 2023 tour to increase action on the climate crisis, reduce the environmental footprint of touring, and plant 1,000,000 trees
Since 2005, Dave Matthews Band and REVERB have partnered to make the band’s tours more sustainable and empower fans to take action for people and the planet at shows! Together as a community, we’ve created massive positive impacts:
- $2.8+ Million Raised by fans to support environmental and social causes
- 816,000+ Fan Actions in the BamaGreen Eco-Village
- 569,000+ Single-Use Water Bottles eliminated at shows
- 63,000+ Tons of Greenhouse Gas Pollution Neutralized
Join us in BamaGreen Eco-Village to build on this incredible legacy of positive impact!
BAMAGREEN REVERB ECO-VILLAGE
Take action for people and the planet at shows! Fans that participate in the BamaGreen REVERB Eco-Village can enter to win a Martin Guitar with custom artwork from Dave!
Single-Use Plastic Waste Reduction
- Donate for a reusable DMB Tour 2023 #RockNRefill Nalgene bottle and support REVERB and The Nature Conservancy
- Fill up at the FREE Water Refill stations
Music Climate Revolution
- Take the Fan Travel Survey and help us better understand the climate impacts of fan travel and shape the future of concert transportation
Make Your Voice Heard
- Register to vote or check your voter registration with HeadCount
The Nature Conservancy
- Learn more about DMB’s commitment to plant 1 MILLION MORE Trees on top of the 3 MILLION already planted
TOUR GREENING AND SUSTAINABILITY
The Road to Zero-Waste
- Reducing or eliminating single-use plastic
- Offering compost collection for fans and backstage
- Transitioning to multi-use or plastic alternative recyclable or compostable materials
While select shows will be zero-waste, each venue on the fall tour is taking measures to reduce or eliminate non-recyclable and non-compostable items. Together, we’re working to develop solutions that can limit landfill waste throughout live music.
- No single-use plastic water bottles or cups backstage!
- Reusable water bottles and insulated mugs for artists and crew
- Reusable or compostable service ware in catering and on buses
- Water refill stations throughout backstage area, catering, and on tour buses
- Recycling: Backstage, in offices and catering, and on tour buses
- Battery Reclamation and Recycling: Collecting dead batteries for recycling and donating batteries with remaining power to people in need
- Toiletry Donations: Collecting unused toiletries from hotel stays and donating to local food security organizations
- Farm-to-Stage: Local farm resources and food for catering
- Green Cleaning Products for backstage, offices, catering, and tour buses
Addressing Carbon Emissions
In addition to the above efforts to reduce the tour’s environmental footprint, remaining greenhouse gas emissions are measured and neutralized through vetted climate projects
- Calculate tour carbon emissions from travel and transportation, hotel stays, venue energy usage, fan travel, and more
- REVERB Climate Portfolio: Dave Matthews Band is committed to addressing tour emissions through support of REVERB’s Climate Portfolio. The portfolio funds verified greenhouse gas pollution reduction projects and climate justice efforts to neutralize carbon emissions and strengthen historically marginalized communities facing the worst impacts of the climate crisis.
MUSIC CLIMATE REVOLUTION
DMB is taking climate action on tour as a partner of Music Climate Revolution. In addition to taking steps with REVERB to reduce the environmental footprint of touring, the band has committed to calculating and addressing tour emissions not mitigated through other means.
Major sources of tour emissions including band and crew travel, hotel stays, gear transport, venue energy use, fan travel, and more, are calculated at the conclusion of the tour. In acknowledgement of those emissions, the band supports innovative third-party verified climate projects that measurably prevent, sequester, or reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Dave Matthews Band Fall Tour 2023
At Every Show
Music Climate Revolution