29,800+ ACTIONS BY FANS
SUPPORTING IMPORTANT SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
22,450+ SINGLE-USE PLASTIC BOTTLES AVOIDED
AT SHOWS BY FANS, ARTISTS, AND CREW
The 1975, and REVERB partnered to reduce the environmental footprint of the band’s 2023 tour, empower fans to act on important issues, and fight the climate crisis.
The 1975 Action Village
Each night on the 2023 Tour, fans took meaningful action for people and the planet with REVERB in The 1975 Action Village. In all, fans took over 29,800 ACTIONS including:
- 15,490+ Single-use plastic bottles avoided at shows
- 5,890 Donations for a custom The 1975 reusable #RockNRefill Nalgene bottle
- 2,770+ Fan Travel Survey submissions to help us learn more about fan travel habits and their associated carbon footprints
On the 2023 North America Tour, The 1975 and REVERB hosted nonprofit organizations that are working to create positive change for people and the planet.
- 36 Nonprofit organizations hosted at shows
- 5,484 Total fan actions with nonprofits
Single-Use Plastic Reduction & Elimination
22,450+ SINGLE-USE PLASTIC BOTTLES WERE AVOIDED on this tour by artists, crew, and fans.
- Water Refill Stations set up for artists and crew backstage, in catering and on buses, and in main concourses for fans
- Reusable Water Bottles and Insulated Mugs provided for artists and crew
- Custom #RockNRefill Reusable Nalgene Bottles available to fans for donation. 100% of donations supported nonprofits and climate projects.
- Reusable or Compostable Serviceware used in catering and tour buses
REVERB connected with venues prior to the tour to support existing on-site sustainability efforts, discuss enhancements and optimize plans to achieve best possible results
- Water Refill Stations backstage and for fans
- Sustainable Food: 86% of venues offered vegan entrees in concessions
- Plastic Reductions: 83% of venues committed to reducing single-use plastic including:
eliminating double-pours • no plastic bags • straws only available upon request • carrying non-plastic water containers in concessions
- Recycling: 94% of venues offered recycling backstage and for fans. REVERB ensured recycling was available backstage at every stop!
Additional Tour Sustainability Efforts
- Enhanced Recycling and Composting
- Excess catering food collected and donated
- Battery Reclamation & Donation:
• Usable batteries donated to shelters
• Dead batteries properly recycled
- Unused Hotel Toiletries Donated to shelters (otherwise they end up in landfills)
We want to thank everyone who made this tour so impactful for people and the planet, especially
REVERB On-site Coordinator, Rachel
All the Fans that took action with us!