14,100+ ACTIONS BY FANS
SUPPORTING IMPORTANT SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
14,500+ SINGLE-USE PLASTIC BOTTLES AVOIDED
AT SHOWS BY FANS, ARTISTS, AND CREW
Since 2021, My Morning Jacket and REVERB have partnered to increase sustainability on tour and engage fans in meaningful action for people and the planet. This year fans took the #MusicClimateRevolution Fan Travel Survey to share their voice and help shape the future of environmentally-friendly fan travel. My Morning Jacket’s efforts focused on reducing climate impacts and single-use plastic waste.
Each night on the 2023 Tour, fans took meaningful action for people and the planet with REVERB in the Eco-Village. In all, fans took 14,643 ACTIONS including:
- 8,228 Single-use bottles avoided by fans at shows
- 1,000 Music Climate Revolution Fan Travel Survey participants
- 2,838 Actions with local nonprofits
- 562 Actions with Oxfam
- 515 Voter actions with HeadCount
- 194 Volunteers gave over 400 hours of time at shows
Fans who took action were entered to win a nightly prize from the band!
Tour Sustainability Measures
My Morning Jacket and REVERB partnered to make the 2023 Tour more sustainable. Efforts were made across the tour to minimize environmental footprints and maximize positive impacts.
- Single-Use Plastic Waste Reductions
Backstage and at Venues
- Enhanced Recycling
Backstage, In Catering, and On Tour Buses
- Battery Reclamation & Donation
Usable batteries donated to shelters; Dead batteries properly recycled
- Unused Hotel Toiletries Donated to shelters (otherwise they end up in landfills)
Single-Use Plastic Waste Reductions
14,500+ SINGLE-USE PLASTIC BOTTLES WERE AVOIDED on this tour by artists, crew, and fans.
- Water Refill Stations were set up for artists and crew backstage, in catering and on buses and in main concourses for fans
- Reusable Water Bottles and Insulated Mugs were provided for artists and crew
- Reusable or Compostable Serviceware used in catering and tour buses
REVERB connected with venues prior to the tour to support existing on-site sustainability efforts, discuss enhancements, and optimize plans to achieve best possible results
- Water Refill Stations backstage and for fans*
- More Sustainable Food: 71% of venues offered vegetarian or vegan options in concessions
- No-Idling Policy: 93% of venues put a no-vehicle idling policy in place
*at most shows
We want to thank everyone who helped create positive impacts for people and the planet on this tour, especially
My Morning Jacket
MMJ Road Staff esp. Ben Hoffman and Patrick Dickinson
Courtney Boyer, REVERB On-Site Coordinator
All the REVERB Volunteers
All the fans who took action at shows!