REVERB is currently seeking qualified touring professionals for contract positions as TOUR & FESTIVAL ON SITE COORDINATORS.
Based in Portland, Maine, REVERB is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was founded in 2004 by environmentalist Lauren Sullivan and her musicianhusband, Adam Gardner of Guster. REVERB creates and executes comprehensive, custom greening programs while engaging concertgoers to take action for the environment.
Essential Job Functions, TOURING:
- Phone–based training with REVERB staff
- Work with Project Manager to advance needs for the first tour stops
Tour, Each Show Day
Venue and Bus Greening
- Ensure venue greening elements are in places as per advance while supplementing with REVERB programs and materials. Greening programs include but are not limited to: distribution and support of reusables, water refill stations, recycling, composting, biodegradable materials, info & educational signage, hotel toiletry donation programs.
- Deploy and maintain bus greening programs.
- Liaison with touring or local catering regarding sustainability program
Fan Engagement Programs
- Advance location for fan engagement village. Walk through on day of show to ensure best placement, and all power/water hookup needs are met.
- Plan for volunteer entrance before doors, and volunteer show access.
- Set up fan–facing Action Village (10×10 tents or tables and backwalls) and display materials.
- Meet, escort, and train volunteer teams and local non–profit representatives.
- Supervise program while open. Adjust signage, direct volunteers as needed, manage #RockNRefill bottle counts and cash flow over course of evening.
- When headlining act takes the stage, direct volunteers to where they can watch the show and pack up the materials
Additional Tour Duties
- Advance all shows
- Take photos
- Track statistics for each show
- Meticulously log and communicate cash donation amounts and bank deposits
- Handle road cases/shipments for your project
Essential Job Functions: FESTIVALS:
Any or all pieces above as part of a small REVERB team
- This role is contracted on a per–tour or festival basis. Ability to travel for the entire project without conflicts is required (2 days to several months).
- Passion for environmental and social justice.
- Ability to represent REVERB well to all points of contact, including artists, tour staff, local crew, venue managers, sponsor representatives, janitorial staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Ease working in diverse environments and alongside many stakeholders with unique goals.
- Phenomenal attention to detail and ability to manage simultaneous needs and long, busy days.
- Event planning and/or touring experience.
- A positive and work–with approach to life, even (and especially) under challenging and stressful circumstances.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to “read–the–room” and connect with new teams of people, many of whom have been working together for months to decades. Candidate must have the social skills necessary to ingratiate yourself to the production team, to accomplish the goals of the sustainability program while supporting the tour/festival production.
- Must work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to work with REVERB to build a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Proficiency in GoogleDrive, a sense of satisfaction from a gorgeous spreadsheet, prefer experience with Mac OS.
- Must be able to push cases,carry and lift gear when necessary – up to 50 pounds.
Other Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of the music industry –touring experience a HUGE plus
- Environmental studies, non–profit management or related special interests
Email cover letter, résumé and three references to email@example.com
REVERB is an equal opportunity employer. We striveto be a diverse workplaceandare committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non–disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran statusor any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizationalneed. BIPOC andLGBTQIA+ applicants encouraged to apply