REVERB’s Quarantine Kitchen – Episode 7: Andrew McMahon
Things are sizzling in episode 7!
Andrew McMahon is many things – musician, songwriter, cancer survivor & advocate. And now we can add a new title: chef!
Andrew joined host/REVERB Co-Director/Guster frontman Adam Gardner in REVERB’s Quarantine Kitchen to make a vegetarian staple – Chinese Vegetable Stir Fry! It’s a quick, simple, sustainable meal you can make any night of the week! He also shared a simple
So bust out your wok, chop up your veggies, and get your stir fry on!
Check out the episode and recipe below so you can cook along!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup julienned carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Make 2 cups of rice as instructed on package and keep hot.
- Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil, increase to medium-high heat.
- Add the broccoli and water, stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green.
- Add carrots, snow peas, mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender crisp.
- In small bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth and cornstarch; mix well to dissolve.
- Add to wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
Thanks to Clif Bar for their support