REVERB’s Quarantine Kitchen – Episode 6: Noelle Scaggs of Fitz and The Tantrums
Episode 6 will have you singing the praises of peaches!
Well if you didn’t know you’re about to find out because Noelle joined host/REVERB Co-Director Adam Gardner in Episode 6 of Quarantine Kitchen making Table for One Peach Cobbler. Friends, this is one sweet episode!
Check out the video and recipe below!
- 1/2 to 1 dozen fresh peaches
- Organic sugar cane
- Vanilla extract
- Lime juice
- Korintje cinnamon (Indonesian cinnamon)
- Ground nutmeg or fresh nutmeg
- Ground Cardamon
- Maldon salt or Fleur du sel (high quality salt, Celtic Sea salt works too)
- Unbleached All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Organic milk or milk alternative (Oatly barista blend, or Macademia nut milk is best) the fat matters
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla ice cream (Or for home made whipping cream grab Organic whipping cream)
- 6 in cast iron skillet
- 13.47- 14 inch gratin dish
- If making a larger 13x9in glass casserole or 12 inch skillet
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- A wooden spoon
- Chefs knife
- Pairing knife
- Tools to measure
- Ramekins to serve
Table for One Measurements. (*) Double for larger cobbler.
- 1 cup flour*
- 3 tsp baking powder*
- 1/2 cup Macademia nut or Oatly*
- 1/8 tsp salt*
- 3 TBSP Butter sliced into 1/4 inch* squares
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- In medium bowl using a wooden spoon, gently toss peaches in lime juice, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamon. Being careful not to smush the peaches. The flavor layering is important. Toss each ingredient one after the other. Place aside in your baking dish of choice.
- For batter using a spatula, mix all dry ingredients with the milk of choice. Fold together till moist and slightly smooth. Think a waffle batter. Don’t over work the batter. Pour batter over the peaches and spread over. Place the butter slices on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
- Stick under your broiler until golden brown and slightly caramelized. You have to watch! It cooks fast! About 3 minutes.
- Remove from broiler, Allow to cool for 3 minutes before serving in ramekin(s) with choice of topping. Sprinkle a little cinnamon.