Meatless Monday Week 13
Roasted Veggies: Perfect for Late Summer
Our friend Jim Berman is back with tips on roasting veggies – and at the perfect time! The season’s are changing and harvests are at their peak.
Enjoy these on their own, add them to salads, or mix with some cheese and grains for a delicious, healthy meal.
- 2 ears of corn, husked, cut into 2″ cobettes
- 2 portabello mushrooms, cut into 1″ wide strips
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2″ strips
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup, grapeseed oil
- 4 sprigs, fresh rosemary
- 10 sprigs, fresh thyme
- Black pepper, coarse grind
- 1 pint, grape or cherry tomatoes
The best technique to roasting vegetables is to use really great ingredients that are bringing all of the flavors of the season. Be sure to start with a pre-heated oven; a low temperature creates steamed, limp vegetables while using the higher temperature will bring out color as well as promote even cooking.