Volunteer for REVERB at the 2019 Voodoo Music + Arts Experience!
Join the REVERB team at the 2019 Voodoo Music + Arts Experience in City Park, New Orleans, October 25-27, 2019!
Read this overview to learn more about the volunteer policies, perks and the different roles volunteers play at the Festival. REVERB volunteers will help keep fans hydrated at Festival water stations and encourage fans to recycle in exchange for a limited-edition festival t-shirt and a chance to earn prizes through the Rock & Recycle program.
Based in Portland, Maine, REVERB is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2004 by environmentalist Lauren Sullivan and her musician husband, Adam Gardner of Guster. REVERB provides comprehensive, custom greening programs for music tours, festivals, and venues while conducting grassroots outreach and education with fans around the globe.
REVERB’s Mission Statement: Uniting around the music we love, tackling the environmental and social issues we face, REVERB is dedicated to empowering people to take action toward a better future for people and the planet. Please visit www.reverb.org for additional information, resources, photos and video.
REVERB AT VOODOO
Voodoo Music + Arts Experience (the “Festival”) is committed to supporting nonprofit organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life for generations to come. For the first time, REVERB is providing volunteers at the Festival to promote its mission. Read this program overview and sign up to apply as a volunteer for the REVERB Team at the Festival.
Email questions to [email protected].
2019 VOLUNTEER POLICIES
Note: All volunteers for REVERB at Voodoo must comply with these policies in their role representing REVERB.
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age as of October 25, 2019.
- Volunteer roles include no monetary compensation.
- Volunteers must supply their own transportation to the event, parking, and lodging
- Volunteers must complete the assignment in a satisfactory manner (i.e. reporting on time for all shifts, staying the entire shift, wearing assigned volunteer identification during shifts, and respecting other volunteers, staff, performers, and patrons of the Festival.
- Use of alcohol or controlled substances before or while on duty is strictly prohibited. No exceptions. Violators will be subject to immediate dismissal from the volunteer program. Smoking on shift is also prohibited.
- Missing assigned shifts (or not completing a shift) will jeopardize participation as a volunteer in the future. Note: volunteers will be given a chance to decline their assignment prior to the event.
- All volunteers must wear the volunteer t-shirt while on shift during the Festival.
- All volunteers understand that they are representatives of REVERB and must abide by all rules and regulations outlined by the host venue while supporting REVERB.
- Volunteers will be asked to be personable and complete tasks assigned by REVERB.
- Selected volunteers must sign an prior to reporting in for their first shift.
- Event is rain or shine.
- Failure to perform duties as expected/required may result in dismissal from the volunteer program.
Availability: We give priority to volunteers who are available for a shift each day of the festival (all three days) but be sure you can fulfill this schedule before signing up for the shifts. A typical shift is about 4 hours each day during the festival show days October 25-27, 2019.
Shift Times: We select volunteers who are flexible with their schedule and can work shifts at various times each day. Volunteers will be assigned to a team and work a shift each day of the Festival.
REVERB Volunteer Teams: There are two teams this year (role descriptions below).
Within each volunteer team, all team members will act as volunteers to help spread awareness of the REVERB mission. All volunteers understand that they are representatives of REVERB and must abide by all rules and regulations outlined by the host venue while supporting REVERB. All volunteers are expected to complete the tasks designated to them by REVERB (water stations, Rock & Recycle). All volunteer positions focus on patron services and are “front of house” roles. Some teams are in booths or specialty areas, some are “mobile”. We do not have backstage, VIP, medical, or production positions for volunteers.
Because we get many more applicants than there are positions, not everyone is selected. If you haven’t been selected by the week of the festival, it is unlikely you will be placed.
REVERB VOLUNTEER TEAMS OVERVIEW:
WATER FILLING STATION
Support REVERB by volunteering at tented water stations at the Festival to keep fans hydrated with free filtered, cool water and support REVERB’s mission to reduce single-use plastic waste. These stations are a huge step in helping green the Festival and fans are enthusiastic and grateful for the water stations on a hot New Orleans day. Volunteers will work under tented stations, welcoming fans, keeping the lines moving, and filling bottles for fans.
ROCK & RECYCLE
This team helps ensure that festival patrons are aware of efforts to recycle and encourages Voodoo fans to participate. You’ll have a base in one of the Rock & Recycle Centers , handing out special bags for patrons to fill with designated recyclables. Patrons returning filled bags will earn a free collectible t-shirt, while supplies last.
Rock & Recycle volunteers take filled bags, tie them off, and place them in a designated area next to the booth, so light lifting is required. Volunteers will also assist fans with prize redemption, such as helping distribute t-shirts and helping with sweepstakes submissions, as well as help spread news about the Rock & Recycle program and answer general questions about the festival’s Greening program.
Positions are either in a booth or mobile (you’ll work in a team of two walking the grounds). For the mobile spots, you’ll carry a sign with the Rock & Recycle logo, so that patrons can easily find you. The mobile volunteers will always have a bag handy to accept recyclables or hand to interested patrons for them to fill. Your primary objective is to promote the program in the crowds. Mobile teams will also keep an eye out on the grounds to help identify areas that need attention (overflowing recycling or trash bins, for example). All R&R positions require volunteers who are friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic about the Rock & Recycle program.
- Volunteers get a t-shirt to wear while volunteering and a REVERB water bottle to take home afterward.
- As a thank you to volunteers for supporting the REVERB mission, when not volunteering during their shifts, volunteers may spend the rest of the day enjoying the Festival.
- The REVERB volunteer teams enhance the Festival experience for all fans while promoting the REVERB mission.
- All REVERB volunteer roles benefit REVERB by supporting its mission to encourage musicians and their fans to take action for people and the planet.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, email Paige at [email protected] with:
- Full name
- Cell phone number
- T-shirt size (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
- Answer the following:
- Team Preference:
- Rock & Recycle
- Water Filling Stations
- Provide your first, second, and third shift choices:
- Friday, 10/25
- Saturday, 10/26
- Sunday, 10/27
- Friday, 10/25
- Why would you be a great REVERB volunteer?
- What skills, interests, or qualifications do you have that will help you in a volunteer role?
- Have you volunteered with REVERB previously?
- Have you volunteered/worked at Voodoo previously?
- If so, what year and for which team?
- Team Preference:
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Recruiters will review all applications and identify and assign the best candidates for available teams and shifts. If you are selected, you will receive an email with instructions on how to confirm your assignments. Please ensure you review your schedule AND confirm your acceptance. All assigned volunteers will be required to sign and return to REVERB an online Release prior to their first shift.
You’ll have three days to confirm your assignment or you risk losing your spot.
Not everyone who applies will be selected as a volunteer. If you haven’t heard from us by the week before the Festival, it’s unlikely you will be placed.
Questions: Email [email protected] or further information.
Thanks again for your support and your interest in volunteering for REVERB!