Jack Johnson, a REVERB partner artist and core supporter from the start, has been creating positive environmental and social change with us since 2005. Together with All At Once, Jack Johnson’s social action network to create change, REVERB activates a fan engagement “Village Green” at each show and comprehensive environmental impact reduction program for the tour. REVERB has been an integral part of the creation and implementation of All At Once and we’re proud to continue our efforts for the 2017 World Tour.
In addition to coordinating biodiesel fuelings, farm to stage catering, outreach signage, carbon offsets and All At Once volunteers, REVERB is proud to support the tours efforts on the following greening programs:
- All At Once non-profit partner support
- Jack Johnson and his All At Once campaign are collaborating with hand chosen community groups to support sustainable local food systems and plastic free initiatives.
- Giving Back
- As part of Jack Johnson’s 2017 Summer Tour, the Johnson Ohana Foundation is offering direct and matching donations to All At Once Non-Profit Partners.
- Capture Your Commitment
- The All At Once campaign supports non-profits and engages fans in the realms of sustainable local food systems and plastic free initiatives. You can make a personal commitment to reduce your plastic waste and support locally grown food. Capture Your Commitment at the All At Once Photo Wall at a show or online at AllAtOnce.org.
- Water Refill Station
- Jack Johnson and his crew are eliminating the use of single-use plastic water bottles on tour by filling up at backstage water refill stations. You can fill up their own reusable water bottles for free at the All At OnceWater Stations at all venues. Jack Johnson reusable bottles, mugs and pint cups will also be available for purchase at the shows.
- Reusable Pint Progam
- Jack Johnson and his tour crew work with venues to offer fans an alternative to disposable plastic cups by promoting a Reusable Pint Program. You can purchase a reusable pint at the show and use it each time you buy a beverage to help reduce single-use plastic waste.
- Plastic Straws
- Jack Johnson and his tour crew work with venues to eliminate plastics straws. Venues are encouraged to offer “straws by request” and to provide an alternative to plastic straws. You can reduce your plastic waste by taking the #1LessStraw pledge. Say no to plastic straws or choose an alternative such as stainless steel, glass, paper, or bamboo.
- Recycle & Waste Reduction
- Jack Johnson and his tour crew work with venue operators to make every effort towards a zero waste tour through recycling, composting, and other waste diversion efforts to reduce the amount of waste headed for the landfill. You can support this initiative by participating in recycling and composting on site. Look for the All At Once recycling signage at the venue.
- Sustainable biodiesel will be used to fuel tour trucks, buses and generators throughout North America. Ground and sea freight will be used for shipping gear in an effort to further reduce the tour’s carbon footprint. You can save gas, money and reduce your carbon footprint by carpooling, utilizing shuttles, mass transit, and by riding bikes to get to the show. Link up with friends or find an efficient way to commute via Zimride or UberPOOL.
- Catering & Concession
- As part of a farm to stage catering program, Jack Johnson tour crew work directly with local farms and purveyors to source locally grown organic foods. Leftover food will be donated to community hunger relief organizations. You can check out eatwellguide.org to find fresh, local and sustainable food options at restaurants, farmer’s markets, CSA’s and stores in your area. Reduce your food waste and start composting your food scraps using tips from Sustainable America.
- Eco-Friendly Concert Mercandise
- Tour merchandise is made from sustainable materials with a focus on reusables and renewables. Jack Johnson tour crew use reusable beverage containers and bags to reduce plastic waste. You can pick up your own exclusive Jack Johnson Klean Kanteen reusable bottles and mug, Steelys reusable pint cups and straws, ToGo Ware utensil sets, Rareform upcycled bags and accessories, recycled paper tour posters and shirts made with 100% Organic cotton t-shirts. Visit the merch booth at the show or the Jack Johnson Online Store to shop today!
- Carbon Offsets
- After all energy conservation measures have been taken, remaining CO2 emissions for each show and the entire tour will be offset to support a variety of local and sustainable carbon management projects. You can offset your travel to and from the show by opting in to the carbon offset ticket add-on when purchasing your concert tickets online or buying a carbon offset sticker at the show. Impact will be tracked throughout the tour to demonstrate how collective action can result in significant change.
For more information on Jack Johnson’s extensive greening efforts, visit his tour greening page here.