- Cut and paste the below suggested text into the body of an email
- Fill out all bracketed fields
- Send to your artist relations rep and cc email@example.com
Dear [ARTIST RELATIONS REP] and the [GUITAR MANUFACTURER] Team,
I’m reaching out as I’ve become aware and concerned about the issue of illegal logging and musical instruments’ potential role in it. I’m hoping to gain a better sense of what your company’s stance is on this issue and to learn more about the wood used in the instruments I currently play.
Widespread illegal logging is placing at risk the wood we treasure in our musical instruments, and thus the future of music as we know it. As a musician dedicated to my art and to protecting the earth’s natural resources, I do not want to in any way intentionally or unintentionally support the trade of illegal timber.
I love playing the following instruments and am hoping you can set my mind at ease about the legality of the wood used in these instrument(s). I would appreciate any information you can provide about the supply chain of these instruments and specifically would like to know:
- What species of wood are used?
- Where and when was the wood harvested?
- What steps are you taking to ensure the legality and sustainability of the wood used in your instruments and compliance with the Lacey Act?
Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this for me and I look forward to hearing from you soon.