Engaging musicians and their fans to take action toward a more sustainable future
Deeply rooted within the music and environmental communities…
REVERB is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2004 by environmentalist Lauren Sullivan and her musician husband, Adam Gardner of Guster. REVERB creates and executes comprehensive, custom programs to green the tour itself while engaging concertgoers to take action for the environment.
We take a positive “work-with” approach and believe that being green is not all or nothing; many people doing some things will have more impact than a few people doing everything. All of us can be active participants in protecting the environment and creating real, large-scale, and measurable change.
In addition to our greening work with artists, REVERB also works to move forward the sustainable practices of music industry leaders, including venues, record labels, and radio stations.
We have the opportunity to reach hundreds of thousands of music fans every year with a positive, uplifting message of environmental sustainability. These are just of few of the ways REVERB reaches audiences.
- Eco-Village | Festival-like village with local and national non-profits, green products and technologies, games, prizes and fan calls-to-action
- Non-Profit Groups | Environmental organizations hosted at each Eco-Village
- Farm-To-Family Program | Fan donation program
- Volunteers | REVERB volunteers coordinated to encourage fans to participate in Eco-Village activities
- Online social media campaigns
- Greening Website | Custom tour-specific site outlining all greening elements taken on tour, featuring resources and calls to action for fans
- Online Carpooling | Resource for fans looking to carpool to and from shows
We work with each band or artist to create backstage greening programs with the aim of reducing the overall environmental impact of their tour including:
- On-Site Coordinator | REVERB staffer included in the tour’s crew to execute and oversee all greening elements
- Green Rider & Venue Advance | Custom rider creation and advancement of greening requests at each venue
- Biodiesel Fueling Coordination | Working with production team and drivers to arrange biodiesel fuelings from local and sustainable stock
- Composting, Recycling, & Waste Reduction | Assistance with with large-scale waste reduction compost and recycling initiatives
- Farm-To-Stage | Local farm food sourced for catering
- Hospitality & Catering Products | Eco-friendly choices backstage including reusable and compostable catering items, green cleaning supplies, etc.
- Carbon Offsets | Calculation and neutralization of carbon emissions created on tour